don't click here

My membership on Sonic Center may be in jeopardy!!

Print

Author Topic: My membership on Sonic Center may be in jeopardy!!  (Read 10329 times)

Offline Eco Kenneth Nathan

My membership on Sonic Center may be in jeopardy!!
« on: November 28, 2019, 09:00:22 am »
Now I understand no one uses the forum anymore, and use Discord or other sites these days, but I want to let the site owner know that my reputation on this site might be at risk.

Since YouTube suffered at the hands of the FTC, this meant that they lost a lot of money.

Because of this, YouTube channels that revolve around even Sonic the Hedgehog could be in trouble.

I fear that YouTube will delete videos that don’t make money which mine is one of them, if my Sonic speedruns and best scores videos get deleted, that means I will violate the video proof rule on all stats and they will be removed. The videos can also no longer be watched on this site too, that could kick me off the site and it would not even be on purpose.

I respect this site’s rules and regulations and followed them since I joined.

I worry that if my videos or worse channel are deleted, all my hard work with especially Sonic games will be ruined forever.

I hope my YouTube channel survives the crisis.

Note: I know lots of you will consider this to be a bogus topic and correct me as always cause I can’t make a post right, but believe me I am serious. I like this site and don’t want to be kicked off because of YouTube’s decisions.

I got World record videos on here and don’t want to lose them, if it happens I will violate the no video proof rule and be kicked off the Sonic Center and lose my top spot in those categories.

If you can support me site owner, I will be grateful.

Offline TheRealShadnic

• TheRealShadnic
  • TSC Profile
  • win10 chrome
  • Hi! I am HC Sonic-fan, finally competing here!
    • View Profile
Re: My membership on Sonic Center may be in jeopardy!!
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2019, 03:16:56 pm »
Not a mod, but I don't think anyone doubts your records in the future, especially since they have been proven before (when the videos were up). Have you thought about uploading the videos to a different site? Or is FTC affecting private videos? Because even if the links won't work, you'd still have a proof video of your old videos available, in case anyone calls you out :)

It's good that you brought this up, as someone else might think about the same thing. Now they can also follow this thread!
FIRST ONE TO GET PLATINUM IN SONIC GENERATIONS!!!!

Offline Eco Kenneth Nathan

« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2019, 03:49:40 am »
Thanks, and it seems my YouTube channel survived, so I am good.

Offline hfactor66

« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2019, 02:51:08 am »
This whole COPPA thing with YouTube and the FTC only affects you if you make money off of YouTube via ad revenue. The reason YouTube had to pay up to the FTC is because the ads running on many content creators’ videos were collecting data on children, why that’s a problem unless the product is unsuitable for them is beyond me, (probably something to do with the GDPR in the EU or something) so basically, because YouTube fucked up and never enforced any sort of age restriction to prevent this from happening, and thus letting advertisers collect data on kids, content creators eligible to monetize their videos will now have to mark their videos as suitable or unsuitable for kids.

Frankly, the whole situation is a mess, and there’s tons of different perspectives out there on this right now, everyone from PewDiePie and Markiplier to actual lawyers talking about this, and some numbers being thrown around, like the threat of a whopping $42,000 fine, no you did not read that incorrectly, $42k per video from the FTC for marking your fucking video “incorrectly,” since you have no control over what kids these days click on. Anyway, bullshit scare tactics aside, the short and long of it is that if you don’t make any ad revenue off of YouTube, you have nothing to worry about.
Rings are my specialty.

Print

Hits: 642 | Hits This Month: 8 | DB Calls: 8 | Mem Usage: 1010.18 KB | Time: 0.13s | Printable

The Sonic Center v3.9
Copyright 2003-2011 by The Sonic Center Team.