don't click here

How do you get Chaos Emeralds in SAdv2?

Print

Author Topic: How do you get Chaos Emeralds in SAdv2?  (Read 8779 times)

Offline qubit

« on: October 09, 2004, 06:19:52 pm »
In Sonic Advance 2, I've just recently beaten the game with Sonic, Knux, Tails and Cream and hold 3 or 4 WRs in the bosses column.  Now I'm starting to try and get Chaos Emeralds.  There are two questions I have:

1) How does one get the Chaos Emeralds?  Is it like Sonic 2, clearing ring stages?
and
2) Does getting the Chaos Emeralds have anything to do with unlocking Amy?

I would appreciate some comments.

theenglishman
Me: Do you find it odd that CF's top two loves rank last in his Bouncy rankings? x_x
mike89: yes. yes i do.
mike89: but then i find CF odd.
Me: so do I.

The odds of meeting a TSCer randomly on the street, at any given time anywhere in the world, is approximately 15,785,611 to 1 ... and growing.

« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2004, 07:19:37 pm »
Life data had been copied!
Kampfer presents Metal the Hedgehog V 4.1 Charmy Bee Edition
Version 4.1 Downloadable Here

Offline sonicam

• TSC's Most Easily Irritated Member
  • If I had a (ban)hammer
  • TSC Profile
  • win7 firefox
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2004, 07:22:20 pm »
1. To get the Chaos Emeralds, you must collect the 7 SP Rings in one act. When you get all 7 and clear the stage with them(with out dying) you will be sent to a special stage. This is a 3D type Special Stage and you must run around the field collecting rings. You have to get 300 Rings to clear the SP stage and you have 120 secs to do so. To get the 300 Rings, try to make ring combos by collecting rings in succession. Try your best to find 7-9x multipiers. Getting the Chaos Emeralds is a real bitch, good luck. Also, each Zone has a specific Chaos Emerald to get, once you get it there, you have to go in to the next Zone unlike the originals where you can get 2 Chaos Emeralds in one Zone.

2. Yes, getting 28 Emeralds(7 for Sonic, Tails, Knux and Cream) and clearing True Area 53 will unlock Amy. The prizes for the Emerald collection are: Tiny Chao Garden, then Sound Test, then Boss Attack Mode, then Amy. To get the prizes you must collect all the emeralds for 1 character and beat XX Zone with that character. If you get all 7 emeralds with Sonic and beat XX Zone, you get the prize and you get a new Zone, True Area 53.

Edit: By originals, i meant Sonic 2 :P
« Last Edit: October 09, 2004, 07:25:23 pm by sonicam »
Chaos Emeralds: Yellow, Red, Green, Blue and Purple.
Keys: Light Blue.

Click here to level up my card!

Offline General Throatstomper

• I can't think of anything witty :(
  • TSC: blueblaze
  • win8 chrome
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2004, 08:54:11 pm »
Actually, the Special Zones don't really get difficult until Egg Utopia, where you will need to play it for quite a while (I must have spent at least 2 hours as Sonic collecting the emerald), and where the rings are put in awkward positions. As Knuckles, I think its either ring 3 or 4 that is hell to get. You need to use his up+R trick, and go to the side. Owing to his lack of potential movment in this form, you need to time it perfectly, or you need to start over. Also, True Area 53 is really only hard the first 2 times you play it, then you realize how to hurt the damn thing/correctly execute killing it.

I HOPE YOU DO

Offline DJ Koopa

« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2004, 12:58:34 pm »
use my guides I wrote on the site
[img width= height=]http://www.cutandpastescripts.com/cgi-bin/randomimages/randomimages.pl?username=Turbos[/img]

Offline qubit

« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2004, 09:01:57 pm »
1. To get the Chaos Emeralds, you must collect the 7 SP Rings in one act. When you get all 7 and clear the stage with them(with out dying) you will be sent to a special stage. This is a 3D type Special Stage and you must run around the field collecting rings. You have to get 300 Rings to clear the SP stage and you have 120 secs to do so. To get the 300 Rings, try to make ring combos by collecting rings in succession. Try your best to find 7-9x multipiers. Getting the Chaos Emeralds is a real bitch, good luck. Also, each Zone has a specific Chaos Emerald to get, once you get it there, you have to go in to the next Zone unlike the originals where you can get 2 Chaos Emeralds in one Zone.

2. Yes, getting 28 Emeralds(7 for Sonic, Tails, Knux and Cream) and clearing True Area 53 will unlock Amy. The prizes for the Emerald collection are: Tiny Chao Garden, then Sound Test, then Boss Attack Mode, then Amy. To get the prizes you must collect all the emeralds for 1 character and beat XX Zone with that character. If you get all 7 emeralds with Sonic and beat XX Zone, you get the prize and you get a new Zone, True Area 53.

Edit: By originals, i meant Sonic 2 :P
[snapback]5059[/snapback]

Okay, but why are there seven Emerald spaces?  are they for each level?
Me: Do you find it odd that CF's top two loves rank last in his Bouncy rankings? x_x
mike89: yes. yes i do.
mike89: but then i find CF odd.
Me: so do I.

The odds of meeting a TSCer randomly on the street, at any given time anywhere in the world, is approximately 15,785,611 to 1 ... and growing.

Offline Shadow Wedge

• Unofficial never-be-first for SAdv
  • TSC Profile
  • winxp firefox
    • View Profile
    • http://IT DON'T EXIST ANYMORE
« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2004, 11:40:52 pm »
Also, each Zone has a specific Chaos Emerald to get, once you get it there, you have to go in to the next Zone unlike the originals where you can get 2 Chaos Emeralds in one Zone.
[snapback]5059[/snapback]

Okay, but why are there seven Emerald spaces?  are they for each level?
[snapback]5088[/snapback]

Like he said, 1 emerald per zone (set of 2 levels + boss).
<3 Sonic Rush, Sonic Riders, Sonic Rivals. Rolko-style encoding: StH JJ1 Tal+++! $++++ GM
Yes it's correct, that ! is there.

Print

Hits: 112 | Hits This Month: 3 | DB Calls: 8 | Mem Usage: 1.04 MB | Time: 1.19s | Printable

The Sonic Center v3.9
Copyright 2003-2011 by The Sonic Center Team.