don't click here

Useless Facts

Print

Author Topic: Useless Facts  (Read 8912 times)

Offline qubit

Useless Facts
« on: November 09, 2004, 12:03:15 pm »
Here are some completely useless facts for you to savor:

1. Despite his scoring ability, hockey superstar Maurice Richard never won a single-season NHL scoring title.
2. The paperclip was patented in ?1908?
3. I like toast.

I posted this just because I felt like it.
Me: Do you find it odd that CF's top two loves rank last in his Bouncy rankings? x_x
mike89: yes. yes i do.
mike89: but then i find CF odd.
Me: so do I.

The odds of meeting a TSCer randomly on the street, at any given time anywhere in the world, is approximately 15,785,611 to 1 ... and growing.

Useless Facts
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2004, 10:51:36 pm »
The pupil of an octopus' eye is rectangular.

More money is printed daily for the Monopoly game than by the U.S. Treasury.

Queen Victoria was the first European monarch to use a telephone.

Mel Blanc (the voice of Bugs Bunny) was allergic to carrots.

The lifespan of a tastebud is ten days.

If you started counting, and said one number every second, it would take you 33 years to get to 1 billion.

Assuming Rudolph was in front there are 40320 ways to arrange the other eight reindeer.
Life data had been copied!
Kampfer presents Metal the Hedgehog V 4.1 Charmy Bee Edition
Version 4.1 Downloadable Here

Offline General Throatstomper

• I can't think of anything witty :(
  • TSC: blueblaze
  • win8 chrome
    • View Profile
Useless Facts
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2004, 07:34:03 am »
Heh, the planner that they make us use  at my school has a "Off-beat Oddity" every other page, which is basically just these random facts that are pointless and stupid. For Example:
It is impossible to lick your elbow. 66% of the people who read this will attempt to.
An Octopus' eye is as big as a basketball.
Pain travels at 300 mph
Those were some of the facts I remembered off the top of my head from the book, there a lot more. Also, a fact I looked up while doing a report on why chocolate is so addicting:
If you eat 25 pounds of chocolate, it has the same effect on the brain as Marijuana.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2004, 07:34:55 am by blueblaze »

I HOPE YOU DO

Useless Facts
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2004, 07:38:04 am »
If you eat 25 pounds of chocolate, it has the same effect on the brain as Marijuana.

Sweet! *runs to the chocolate store*

Offline qubit

Useless Facts
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2004, 04:56:29 pm »
Heh, the planner that they make us use  at my school has a "Off-beat Oddity" every other page, which is basically just these random facts that are pointless and stupid. For Example:
It is impossible to lick your elbow. 66% of the people who read this will attempt to.
An Octopus' eye is as big as a basketball.
Pain travels at 300 mph
Those were some of the facts I remembered off the top of my head from the book, there a lot more. Also, a fact I looked up while doing a report on why chocolate is so addicting:
[snapback]5385[/snapback]

Hmmm... sounds like mine!  Except there are facts about Canada instead.

For example, Prince Edward Island has the most people per square foot than any province in Canada
Me: Do you find it odd that CF's top two loves rank last in his Bouncy rankings? x_x

The odds of meeting a TSCer randomly on the street, at any given time anywhere in the world, is approximately 15,785,611 to 1 ... and growing.

Offline SadisticMystic

Useless Facts
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2004, 06:21:19 pm »
139000 people...2184 square miles...

That's density of 63.6 per square mile, which means your most densely-populated province falls even short of the U.S. average.

New Jersey is the most densely populated U.S. state, at 8.5 million in 7425 = 1144.8 per square mile, which is sixteen times as crowded as Prince Edward Island.

Then there's Washington, D.C., which has been undergoing a steady decrease in population for the last 40 years and STILL has density over 9,000 per square mile.  And as I've seen firsthand, those 40 years have had no effect, or maybe even an inverse effect, on I-495 (Capital Beltway) traffic.

Offline qubit

Useless Facts
« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2004, 07:09:08 pm »
139000 people...2184 square miles...

That's density of 63.6 per square mile, which means your most densely-populated province falls even short of the U.S. average.

New Jersey is the most densely populated U.S. state, at 8.5 million in 7425 = 1144.8 per square mile, which is sixteen times as crowded as Prince Edward Island.

Then there's Washington, D.C., which has been undergoing a steady decrease in population for the last 40 years and STILL has density over 9,000 per square mile.  And as I've seen firsthand, those 40 years have had no effect, or maybe even an inverse effect, on I-495 (Capital Beltway) traffic.
[snapback]5390[/snapback]

Considering we have twice the size of the US and a tenth of your population, I guess that we're not coming close to beating the States in population density.

Offline SadisticMystic

Useless Facts
« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2004, 07:13:09 pm »
more like 1.1 times (not 2 times) the size and 1/9 (not 1/10) the population

Offline qubit

Useless Facts
« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2004, 05:30:33 pm »
more like 1.1 times (not 2 times) the size and 1/9 (not 1/10) the population
[snapback]5393[/snapback]

picky, picky.

Offline Sonux

Useless Facts
« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2004, 03:44:55 pm »
More money is printed daily for the Monopoly game than by the U.S. Treasury.
In value or volume?
1. You never said that it had to be me licking my elbow. It is possible for someone else to do so.
2. You, however, probably did mean that it had to me my own, and yes, I can not lick my own elbow.
3. And as long as I'm assuming, I'll assume that be "you", you actually meant "one". I have seen at least one person that can lick their own elbow.
4. I did not attempt it, since I have already previously done so and failed.

Useless Facts
« Reply #10 on: November 21, 2004, 03:19:40 pm »
In value or volume?
I'm asuming value. But since they don't have to wory about inflation, thay can print away without any worries.

Print

Hits: 85 | Hits This Month: 1 | DB Calls: 8 | Mem Usage: 1.10 MB | Time: 0.09s | Printable

The Sonic Center v3.9
Copyright 2003-2011 by The Sonic Center Team.