don't click here

Site priorities

Print

Author Topic: Site priorities  (Read 5995 times)

Offline Rolken

Site priorities
« on: November 28, 2004, 05:15:34 pm »
You'll notice I haven't done much changing to the rankings lately. That's because it's a total pain in the neck to change anything, and ten times the pain to fix it if something goes wrong, which is kinda a turnoff. So now I'm biting the bullet and writing code to manage database deletions and reorganizations better rather than having to do it manually. Then things should be easier to make happen. I've been kinda slacking off on the update end lately, so it's about time I get around to making things happen.

On the site advertising front: I never have dealt with any of that, and I don't think I ever intend to. I didn't feel in the beginning that my main goal was to make a huge site (some may remember when I spoke of the prospects of some day having as many as 100 members). I'm going to focus on just making the site good, because I feel that's what I do best. If y'all want to pick up the slack on the other end and spread the word to those you think would want to / ought to come, that'd be great, and if you feel the community we have now is awesome on its own, that's fine too. Your prerogative.

Onward, ever onward!

Thoughts?
StH JJ1 WkS+ Sal++^i Rbk++i Knu- McS+++ P++ D[af]opw $++++ E03 A24 GM CoUT
What fun is it being cool if you can't wear a sombrero?

Offline Bilan

• Broseidon
  • TSC: RPGnutter
  • win10 chrome
  • ZURA ZURA CHUUPA CHUUPA CHUU CHUU
    • View Profile
    • I'm suffering help me Garian
Site priorities
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2004, 05:18:18 pm »
I could probably advertise TSC to a few good friends who play Sonic, no, there not like 'GIBBO', their the exact opposite, I know they wouldn't lie, so maybe I'll have a go at spreading the word. =P
Did you not think I had a mind?

Offline magnum12

• Awesome Overlord of TMMC
  • Broseidon
  • TSC Profile
  • winvista msie9
    • View Profile
Site priorities
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2004, 05:59:21 pm »
I'll also try to spread word of this site to my friends that play Sonic.
Ever know what its like to get pwned by a book? Sonic certainly does.

Offline sonicam

• TSC's Most Easily Irritated Member
  • If I had a (ban)hammer
  • TSC Profile
  • win7 firefox
    • View Profile
Site priorities
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2004, 06:05:12 pm »
I've gotten one real life friend to join TSC, he made his account 8 days ago and is still Validating, that was the one I was telling you about that hasn't gotten a Validation e-mail as of yet, Rolken. His SN is goalie. Unfortuantely he is the only trustworthy person I know that plays Sonic. :(
Chaos Emeralds: Yellow, Red, Green, Blue and Purple.
Keys: Light Blue.

Click here to level up my card!

Site priorities
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2004, 08:48:17 pm »
I'll spread word about this site. Hell, I can even try to make sig banners.

EDIT: I'm already starting to make an animated sig banner. Is there any specfic sort of phrase or motto that you want on the banner?
« Last Edit: November 28, 2004, 10:30:02 pm by Kampfer »
Life data had been copied!
Kampfer presents Metal the Hedgehog V 4.1 Charmy Bee Edition
Version 4.1 Downloadable Here

Offline Rolken

Site priorities
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2004, 02:04:19 am »
I've gotten one real life friend to join TSC, he made his account 8 days ago and is still Validating, that was the one I was telling you about that hasn't gotten a Validation e-mail as of yet, Rolken. His SN is goalie.
[snapback]5510[/snapback]
Remedied. I thought his SN seemed familiar in the validating panel...

EDIT: I'm already starting to make an animated sig banner. Is there any specfic sort of phrase or motto that you want on the banner?
[snapback]5513[/snapback]
Um... something that's meaningful. "the sonic time attack hq", maybe. Not something generic like "the #1 sonic source" anyway, seems like there're dozens of those. Give me a copy when you make it and I'll put it on the links page. c: I tend to be a fan of more subtle and less flamboyant animation, though I honestly don't know what goes over better with clickeroos.
StH JJ1 WkS+ Sal++^i Rbk++i Knu- McS+++ P++ D[af]opw $++++ E03 A24 GM CoUT
What fun is it being cool if you can't wear a sombrero?

Site priorities
« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2004, 06:09:26 pm »
If anything, I was just planning an animation of Sonic hitting the end sign in Stardust Speedway (seems to be our site's theme), a small catch phrase (I was thinking "How fast can you go?", but I'm not the best at making catch phrases), and then the URL.

Anyway, I can just cut the "catch phrase" and see what you think.
Life data had been copied!
Kampfer presents Metal the Hedgehog V 4.1 Charmy Bee Edition
Version 4.1 Downloadable Here

Print

Hits: 75 | Hits This Month: 1 | DB Calls: 8 | Mem Usage: 1.02 MB | Time: 0.08s | Printable

The Sonic Center v3.9
Copyright 2003-2011 by The Sonic Center Team.