don't click here

Sign here if you got the 2 new sonic games

Print

Author Topic: Sign here if you got the 2 new sonic games  (Read 5311 times)

Offline gbagcn

« on: November 16, 2005, 11:16:37 pm »
I just got them anyone else.

Offline CosmicFalcon

« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2005, 03:03:20 am »
1. This is not GFAQs.
2. They are not out yet, you fool!
3. No one is here.

X)
"A graph of cf's coolness as age increases would be exponential." - Stefan [14:26, 2008/08/23]
"I now realise that CF is complete and utter win." - Cruizer [13:46, 2009/10/23]

Offline sonicam

• TSC's Most Easily Irritated Member
  • If I had a (ban)hammer
  • TSC Profile
  • win7 firefox
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2005, 06:05:00 am »
They are out here silly European. :(
Chaos Emeralds: Yellow, Red, Green, Blue and Purple.
Keys: Light Blue.

Click here to level up my card!

Offline magnum12

• Awesome Overlord of TMMC
  • Broseidon
  • TSC Profile
  • winvista msie9
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2005, 12:24:41 pm »
I just got game cube version Shadow (and the ski cap) yesterday. Here are my first impressions.
1. Shadow's acceleration is way too fast. (Probably the worst control problem, other wise, I don't have many problems in the control department.) The rail physics are an improvement over Sonic Heroes. When there is another rail nearby for quick changes, Shadow does a cartwheel to transfer (see this in Cryptic Castle).
2. The player controlled camera is an improvement over the old systems. This system suffers from the same problems that Ninja Gaiden's camera suffers although its less likely to cause you to lose a life. The new system will take some practice to fully get used to. In conclusion, the camera quality went up from homicidal and uncooperative to lazy (without player guidance) and slightly annoying.
3. For the most part, the combat in this game is a major improvement over other 3D Sonic games. The gun auto lock system works very well, with exception to the bazookas. The strafe system although unnessecary and a little slow, still looks really cool and is most useful in defensive combat. The melee weapons (with exception to the torch) are not as useful as the ranged weapons. The homing attack lock on is still annoying.
4. The challenge is considerably higher than other 3D Sonic games. This is something that I have wanted for quite a while.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2005, 12:26:28 pm by magnum12 »
Ever know what its like to get pwned by a book? Sonic certainly does.

Offline CosmicFalcon

« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2005, 03:46:36 pm »
They are out here silly European. :(
[snapback]7435[/snapback]

b&hammer amirite.
"A graph of cf's coolness as age increases would be exponential." - Stefan [14:26, 2008/08/23]
"I now realise that CF is complete and utter win." - Cruizer [13:46, 2009/10/23]

Offline Shadow Jacky

• -Proprietor of /d/-
  • Broseidon
  • TSC Profile
  • win81 firefox
  • BEHOLD!
    • View Profile
    • I streams when on windows
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2005, 08:59:38 pm »
I just bought Shadow today and played through 9 stages.

So far, they did the rehashments of the stages like they did with Sonic Heroes so some parts of stags repeats themselves but with different things going on.  I haven't died from dumb mistakes yet which is a good thing.  Some things are slow to do now (triangle jump and grinding).  Like Magnum said, swtiching from rails is an improvement and your able to do it even while going really fast and giong around corners (big problems from the previous games).  It certainly has a lot of action going on in certain stages and it makes it kind of hard to just zoom by when you want to (you still can and the levels are pretty lengthy).  The weapons are great, but you want to stick with ranged instead of the melee, 1 thing that sucks about melee is they have limited hits to use up, a plus is there is a number of melee weapons to pick up ranging in size and location.

The replay is great from just getting all A's, doing all missions, getting all of the endings, getting all of the stages done.  Its a bunch to do and wont take a week to do.  You dont get points from killing anyone and the help you get sucks.  They just follow you and barely assist (Amy did more attacking for me than Omega...whats up with that?).  The levels themselves range from a number of places.  I haven't unlocked all of the story, but so far its good, just dont expect something grand to happen.  Depending on your actions throughout the stages, you are treated to a difference in what you will be doing next and so forth.  The Main mode (story mode) is now a branch tree and choosing what you do in the stage is tracked on there.  The speed is in there and also like Magnum said, he goes too fast for his won good too soon.  There are difficult parts in the game and I've encountered 4 bosses total and 3 of them sucked (all from Eggman himself).  So far I've noticed no enemy on enemy interaction where they dont damage each other...I guess thats good for the sake of your mission, but it would have been nice for some realism.  Also Shadow swears in this game...there isn't really a need for it either.  The story and settings are darker this time around.  Other than that, its gots some nice touches over the oterh 3-D games and I like it better than Sonic Heroes already (which would have been right when I opened the box).  So far, its not my favorite over SA2:B overall, but with time I think it'll go up in my favorite sonic games.

Also I dont have a DS so I didn't grab Sonic Rush...would like to lpay it though...maybe Nintendan could make a complete run vid for me ;)
my name has nothing to do with Shadow The Hedgehog

Completed Runs:
Sonic Heroes: Team Sonic: SS
Rocket Knight Adventures: Easy (US): SS

In the Future:
Aero The Acrobat (Genesis) | More...

Offline Bilan

• Broseidon
  • TSC: RPGnutter
  • win10 chrome
  • ZURA ZURA CHUUPA CHUUPA CHUU CHUU
    • View Profile
    • I'm suffering help me Garian
« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2005, 02:58:47 am »
Getting Rush today or tomorrow, Shadow by Mondayish.
Did you not think I had a mind?

Print

Hits: 103 | Hits This Month: 3 | DB Calls: 8 | Mem Usage: 1.03 MB | Time: 0.07s | Printable

The Sonic Center v3.9
Copyright 2003-2011 by The Sonic Center Team.