don't click here

Emergency call for TAers

Print

Author Topic: Emergency call for TAers  (Read 12346 times)

Offline Rolken

Emergency call for TAers
« on: November 11, 2005, 12:00:37 pm »
TSC is competing in the Sonic Olympics this next week. However, one of our competitiors has just proven ineligible for two of the events, 2 player on Sonic 2's Mystic Cave and a live speedrun of Sonic & Knuckles's Death Egg. If you want to compete for us, live in the UK or (preferably) US, are able to attend the online competition time, have a good bit of experience with the levels and can practice with the Netplay lag before the competitions in 2 and 4 days respectively, let us know ASAP.

(Note that this still isn't a first-come-first-serve call, merit still counts :P)

If you don't visit the forum, catch up on the Sonic Olympics topic. Validation required, we can validate if you need it.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2005, 12:04:02 pm by Rolken »
StH JJ1 WkS+ Sal++^i Rbk++i Knu- McS+++ P++ D[af]opw $++++ E03 A24 GM CoUT
What fun is it being cool if you can't wear a sombrero?

Offline Tails47 2

Emergency call for TAers
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2005, 12:23:12 pm »
I would help if you gave a list of requirments and stuff I need since my parents are strict on downloading stuff. If i am allowed then I will help. If not. sorry :(

I posted this in the olympic topic since I didn't know where to put it.

Offline CosmicFalcon

Emergency call for TAers
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2005, 12:47:26 pm »
If I POWER TRAIN OMG I might be able to pull something together. But someone who is already like... good... would be handy.

But just in case, *boots up Gens*
"A graph of cf's coolness as age increases would be exponential." - Stefan [14:26, 2008/08/23]
"I now realise that CF is complete and utter win." - Cruizer [13:46, 2009/10/23]

Offline Rolken

Emergency call for TAers
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2005, 12:48:20 pm »
You need the SO game pack available on that web site, or alternatively, the game emulator Gens+ and a Sonic 2 or Sonic & Knuckles ROM, both of which we can give you. You don't have to install anything, just copy it to your computer, and if need be you can delete it when the competition's over.

If your dad's really concerned and doesn't find the notion of Internet people disconcerting, I can give you my cell number if that'd help. XD

edit: also I forgot CF doesn't have any events anymore. :o zomg britbackup yay!
« Last Edit: November 11, 2005, 12:49:47 pm by Rolken »
StH JJ1 WkS+ Sal++^i Rbk++i Knu- McS+++ P++ D[af]opw $++++ E03 A24 GM CoUT
What fun is it being cool if you can't wear a sombrero?

Offline Tails47 2

Emergency call for TAers
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2005, 12:59:02 pm »
OMG!!!

I don't know what to do! I really want to do this. It sounds like so much fun. AAHHHH! I'll ask my mom when she gets home, but I doubt her answer will be 'yes'.

EDIT: Guess what. I just asked. No was the answer. Sorry. I really wanted to help out.

Sorry :(
« Last Edit: November 11, 2005, 01:20:27 pm by Tails47 2 »

Offline sonicam

• TSC's Most Easily Irritated Member
  • If I had a (ban)hammer
  • TSC Profile
  • win7 firefox
    • View Profile
Emergency call for TAers
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2005, 01:28:54 pm »
Sorry people, I know, I suck... D:
Chaos Emeralds: Yellow, Red, Green, Blue and Purple.
Keys: Light Blue.

Click here to level up my card!

Offline Spinballwizard

• TSC Purist
  • Broseidon
  • TSC Profile
  • win10 chrome
  • That's enough of that.
    • View Profile
    • WSBW GameCenter
Emergency call for TAers
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2005, 06:10:40 pm »
Sonicam you have to do what you can because I can't D:

Much as I hate my job, I cannot quit it or take a voluntary quit by not showing :(
<Tails> also "GET BLUE SPHERES" on a black-and-white TV remains the best special stage of all time

<Achlys> wat ave you done!
<Spinballwizard> apparently killed your h key

Offline sonicam

• TSC's Most Easily Irritated Member
  • If I had a (ban)hammer
  • TSC Profile
  • win7 firefox
    • View Profile
Emergency call for TAers
« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2005, 08:28:02 pm »
I wish I could, but there is nothing I can do SBW. I'm illegable to participate due to my Dial Up connection, my ping is too high. D:
Chaos Emeralds: Yellow, Red, Green, Blue and Purple.
Keys: Light Blue.

Click here to level up my card!

Offline yoshifan

Emergency call for TAers
« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2005, 01:06:26 pm »
In case you guys didn't know, I'm probably going to do Mystic Cave as I've already committed myself to practicing it, and the event is just 2 hours away.  I haven't practiced Death Egg yet but I'll probably end up playing that one as well.  Also, I'm ping-eligible as my ping count is usually about 79.

Print

Hits: 141 | Hits This Month: 1 | DB Calls: 8 | Mem Usage: 1.04 MB | Time: 0.10s | Printable

The Sonic Center v3.9
Copyright 2003-2011 by The Sonic Center Team.