-The one thing this discussion's lacking is some debate about the voice acting. As some of you know (or may not know), the original voice actors for the Sonic games got the boot and replaced with the VA for Sonic X. (Although this may have something to do with trying to find a replacement for Eggman after the tragic events of last year) This of course has been something of great controversy, but from playing the game, I've made the conclusion that they sound better in the game than they do in the cartoon. Here's my commentary on specific characters.
1. Shadow: Sounds pretty good. Hard to tell the difference between this one and the original most of the time.
2. Tails: Better than the horrible SH version.
3. Eggman: The acting itself was good, but some of the lines were horrible (Blame the writers for that and the infamous You know what they say, the more the merrier.)
4. Amy: An improvement.
5. Espio: Once again, an improvement. The last one was inconsistent (sometimes cool, other times not so cool). This one sounds more ninja like.
6. Knuckles: Sounds too mellow. Needs to be angrier, more tempermental, and more warrior like.
7. Vector: Just plain horrible. Went from cool New York tough guy accent to cross between Kermit and Pee Wee Herman. By the way, "Find the computer room" is far worse than anything Egg Breaker says.
8. Rouge: The acting gets the personality right but for me, the tone is too low. Liked the SH acting better.
-This game is certainly more challenging than other 3D Sonic games, but I was hoping for more in the challenge department. The bosses were too easy.