don't click here

Sega? INCONSISTENT?! / Chaos emeralds

Poll

How many chaos emeralds are there?

5 (G Sonic Blast)
1 (2.9%)
6 (1, Chaos, TT, Drift, Tails's Adv, Laby, SPA)
1 (2.9%)
7 (2, 3, D, R, SADX, SA2B, Advances, etc. etc.)
29 (85.3%)
8 (Fighters)
0 (0%)
16 (Spinball)
3 (8.8%)

Total Members Voted: 34

Print

Author Topic: Sega? INCONSISTENT?! / Chaos emeralds  (Read 39038 times)

Offline Selphos

• The Eternally Young Scarlet Moon
  • Broseidon
  • TSC: Sondow
  • win10 firefox
  • TSC's local Touhou nut
    • View Profile
Re: Sega? INCONSISTENT?! / Chaos emeralds
« Reply #30 on: May 25, 2008, 09:17:19 pm »
*sigh* Is necomancing topics the only thing you can do?
The moon is so red. Looks like it's going to be a fun night.

Offline Paused

« Reply #31 on: June 02, 2008, 08:52:09 pm »
Hay Guyz.  You lucky lucky people just so happen to have a topic that gas been revived by a necro-post, be perfectly timed with the fact that I have just re-remembered that this tread exists, and that in the trip to my local pub tonight I drank enough to again consider the Sonic ploy 'serious business.'  (Remember me? I am the guy who took the topic seriously! Look at page 1 or something!)

Don't know why I'm doing this....

I thought...

So after Chaos has his tantrum two sets of 7.  Negative energy set in the special stages, positive energy set at the alter on Angel Island.  Make up a reason for them both to regain their colour and hexagon shape as seen in games 1 2 and 3.

*Also interesting.  Never thought of the shape connection.  I'm intrigued as to what you would say about S3D though.   

Well it was released twice, once on Genesis, where as SM showed without a shadow of a doubt there were no emeralds, only Cough Drops.  From what I know of the later release however, (never owned a Saturn) the Cough Drops were replaced with 'current day shaped' Emeralds.  (Along side more 'Canon like' Sonic 2/Heroes Special stages.  Though it is along time since I glanced at YouTube videos showing what this retcon was like so take what I say with a pinch of salt.)

*SPOILER
The Babylon Rogues were confirmed in Zero Gravity to actually be aliens.  Don't know what this would change.  But, apparently, quite a few aliens *coughblackcougharmscough* already know about the emeralds.

News to me, still need to play it.  Will do in a month or so when I am back home for summer.  That comment inspires me ro do so actually.  Makes it seem like there is a recton to make Black Doom not come out of no where.

Note; When being realistic I realize it will create more of the plot holes I oh so love rather than fill them in.

I think today's Chaos Emeralds are the Super Emeralds.

Well, in S3K Sonic /Tails/Knuckles could use the Super Emeralds alone and they were in touch with the Master Emerald shortly before.

If I am understanding that correctly you are saying that...

Hyper=Super/Chaos Emeralds+Master Emeralds.

'''

Spent about 5 min considering this...  (Which is 4 min several seconds more than Sonic Team)

At first would disagree, as the only thing I think I know about the master emerald is that when it comes down to it is that all the master Emerald is, is an off switch for the 7 Chaos emeralds.

You know like a positron and electron annihilate each other.
But Chaos E. and Master E. annihilate each other.

For those who did not do A-Level (Or American/worldwide equivalent) Physics. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electron-positron_annihilation

Which I was going to say would suggest that adding Master E. to the mix would remove possibility of Super rather than enhancing it. (Hyper.)

And then agree P.P.A. with and say...

Dude, P.P.A., you're trying too hard.  That IS Hyper Sonic.  He just changed colors.

Course then I realized that that RL example (Electron/Positron.) can be described by  two physical things destroy each other, but produces energy.

Which is some what similar to Master E. Not destroying Chaos E. but sending them to the Special Zone.  And 'producing energy', is akin to Hyper rather than super.

As I can not think of an example where the Chaos/Super Emeralds were in the Master Emerald Shrine other than S3+K, (Sonic Advance 3 is close, but they were not in the shrine.) That would suggest why S3+K was the only game to have hyper.

There is chance you may be able to use that to explain why some times the Chaos emeralds go to the Special Stage, and Some times just scatter around the world, (well... Station Square.) but I really am not able to think that hard right now... 'nother double vodka anyone?

Paused you made a great point in the Blaze topic to do with Emerald coexistance: Time travel.

You know at this point I was going to say 'see ya, I'm going to necro post that Blaze topic I posted in.'  Damn. My post there god knows how many months ago was the last post in the thread.  You call yourselves Sonic Fans? For Shame people...  For shame.

Offline Bilan

• Broseidon
  • TSC: RPGnutter
  • win10 chrome
  • ZURA ZURA CHUUPA CHUUPA CHUU CHUU
    • View Profile
    • I'm suffering help me Garian
« Reply #32 on: June 02, 2008, 09:25:57 pm »
HOLY SHIT

I remember you
Did you not think I had a mind?

Offline Cream147

« Reply #33 on: June 04, 2008, 11:13:23 am »
I think there are 7 as that's what the majority say. Even in Sonic 1, you could suggest there were 7, because Sonic could never become Super Sonic. Why? Because he was missing an emerald.

Offline P.P.A.

« Reply #34 on: June 04, 2008, 04:33:50 pm »
I voted 6 lol.
THESE IMAGES CONFISCATED FOR EVIDENCE

My YouTube profile. Lots of Sonic speedruns~

Print

Hits: 680 | Hits This Month: 2 | DB Calls: 8 | Mem Usage: 1.03 MB | Time: 0.12s | Printable

The Sonic Center v3.9
Copyright 2003-2011 by The Sonic Center Team.